Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Christmas Day in Hawaii
I went to Yokohama Bay Beach yesterday afternoon. That's on the western end of the island, right before the place where the old highway was closed when it became unsafe. At one time you could go from our Leeward Coast to the North Shore via that route, but now you have to drive towards town and traverse the island through the mountains to get there. Yokohama Bay is the "end of the world" from this side, unless you're on foot. I've taken the hike a few times from Yokohama Bay to Kaena Point, which is the extreme western tip of Oahu. I need to do that again sometime, to see the albatross that nest there. But that's for another day. Yeterday I stopped short so I could meet friends for their annual Christmas visit to Yokohama Bay.


It was a beautiful, sunshiny day with stiff breezes coming in off of the ocean. Quite a few people had come out to play.




The ocean is very changeable this time of year. In the hour or so we were there it went from flat ...




... to frilly ...



... to booming!




That didn't bother the sun worshippers ...




... or keep the kids from trying out their new boogie boards ...



I took some photos of my friend and her son, because they don't often have the opportunity to have their picture taken together. I also took pictures of the mountains, and more pictures of the scenes at the beach. A total of eighty-three pictures were on my camera card when I got home. I could look at each in the viewer of my camera. I wanted to select a nice mother and son photo to frame for my friends and, of course, to share the best with you. Alas, something is wrong with my camera, or maybe the card or my software. Each time I've tried to correct it I've lost photos. I've ended up with no mountain pictures & no photos of my friends. I did manage to save the last photo of the day, one I took impulsively as I was coming home. Here's a little local color for you.


Labels: ,

5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh that is beautiful! I'll take the beach at Christmas over the snow any day!

Blogger C-dell said...
Wow, Christmas in Hawaii is one thing, but to actually live there is just wow. I envy you. Living In one ou and of the most beautiful places on earth. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Beautiful Pictures!!

Blogger skeet said...
I'm always happy to share the scenery. Too much beauty to keep all to myself, lol!

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Blogger Allan said...
nice place ya got there...