Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Friday, December 29, 2006
Hey girlfriends!
-




Things in my life have changed a lot over the last twenty years or so. I've lost track of many people I had thought would be friends for life. I guess that happens to many of us, especially those of us who now reside thousands of miles away from the places we once called home. Today I have a small group of friends with whom I interact in real life, and a much larger group I have never met, but still visit with daily. That phenomenon called the internet has brought wonderful people into my world. While most of them are women, the group encompasses both genders, various lifestyles and religious persuasions, gay and straight, young and old and of many nationalities. A few weeks ago I joined in the fun on the PPP message boards and my list of friends has grown at a tremendous rate since then. Today I'd like to introduce you to a few of them. I hope you'll go visit their blogs and get to know them. They've all taken this newbie under their wings and helped me improve my bogging skills and my writings for PPP. Most of them have several blogs. You'll be missing a treat if you don't visit their sidebars and get to know them better.

First up is Ms. Kat. She shares stories about her life, her family, Florida and a few current events at My Single Mom Life. Check out the photos of her recent shopping day with her two adorable nieces, if you can tear yourself away from Mr. Sexy in her header. Oh, and do share the joy of her catty Christmas too!

Jules lives near Vegas. It’s the gambling capital to us (and backdrop for CSI,) but home to her. I’m glad that she doesn’t believe that what happens in Vegas stays there, because she tells interesting stories. She, hubby & baby were sick for the holidays, so go show her some love at Just Julies Journal.

Bulletproofsoul is a technical whiz who shares her knowledge generously and does not suffer fools gladly. I really enjoy Bucket O' Bulletz. She's a very spiritual gal who shares that and so much more. I especially like her daily sidebar feature "Motivations for Moms."

Aimee's Blog is about life, love and the pursuit of pink flamingos. That's just the kinda gal she is. She's recently announced that she'll be doing a monthly project-sharing carnival for all of you creative types. It starts soon, so go sign up now.

Cass describes herself as Mom of 8, knitter, and very, very proper. She’s always one of the first to answer when I have stupid newbie questions about blogging in general and PPP in particular. Several blogs, but the one I like best is Cass Knits, where she shares her love of family, knitting and eclectic oddities. She's another techie who generously shares her knowledge with the technically-challenged.

Last, but never, ever least is Chris. She's affectionately known as the queen, and keeps us laughing and interested on the PPP message boards. The same humor is evident on her blog Queen Chris's Xanga Site, where she explains why it isn’t easy being queen. Today she's also talking about blogging friends. Good stuff, even if she didn't have anything to say about me!

Give my friends a visit and tell them skeet sent you. If I'm asked very nicely I might introduce you to some of my menfriends in a future post.

The girlfriends picture is from Fotosearch Stock Photography. Lot's of lovely photos and clipart there, and a well-organized search system to make it easy.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh that was really sweet "A" Thank you so much :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks so much! :)

Blogger Muhd Imran said...
Good for you!

Your Internet friend will always be here... well, if not for the Taiwan earthquake that halted all communications from Asia to the US, but otherwise... I'm here, my friend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
I'll have to check these out. Thanks for sharing!

Blogger Unknown said...
This was really nice.

I think I need to add a daily read blogroll to my blog. You'll be the first.

Happy New Year.:)

Blogger skeet said...
Jules & Aimee, you are quite welcome. It's easy and fun to write about such interesting people. Thanks for being good material!

Imran, it's been frustrating from this end, too, because I'm missing hearing from so many friends. Hope they get everything back on line again soon.

Whim, you won't regret it. Good people!

Oh Diana, mahalo! You're such a sweetie!

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to you all!

Blogger CyberCelt said...
Skeet,

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You asked about my PPP blogroll.

My PPP blogroll is the one maintained by Colleen on the PPP forums. You have to request to be added on the forum and post the blogroll to your sidebar.

Oops, I just realized she stopped updating it. Bummer. I am out of town now, but when I return, I will see about getting a blog roll going.

Happy New Year!

Eileen aka cybercelt

P.S. You are on my list of blogs to visit just by leaving a comment. I will be by on Click and Comment Monday for sure!