Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
Is it time for me to embrace change?


I admit it. I’m a technophobe. I didn’t even own a cell phone until my business became large enough that I was missing client calls when I was out in the field. I quickly adapted to forwarding office calls to my cell and – Voila! – instant efficiency, and I avoided having to hire someone to babysit my phone. Maybe that’s why I see a cell phone as a business tool and nothing else. I don’t have games on my phone, it doesn’t send me email alerts and I don’t require it to send me market updates. Textspeak is a foreign language to me.

Lately I’ve been servicing a lot of clients across-island. That means I’m spending a lot of time in traffic. I’ve had my fill of Christmas ads and dogs barking jingle bells on the radio while I idle on the freeway or sit waiting for a client to provide the access I need for an inspection. My son thinks I should give up my dinosaur ways and let my cellphone relieve the tedium. I guess I can’t take advantage of this little diversion from t9 while driving, but at least it would give me something to do while killing time.



Check it out and see what you think. Could it drag this old fossil into the new millinium? I wonder how long it would take to get good enough at it to win the cool prizes?

Labels: , ,