Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Saturday, December 9, 2006
Surf's up!
No, not that one. Well, actually, that one too. Winter means big surf in Hawaii and it has arrived. Huge waves that will soon turn in to monster waves that will eat a few tourists who thought they were big enough & bad enough to ignore the warnings. Maybe a few pros will fall too, because big surf doesn't always follow its own rules and has been known to catch even the best unawares.

But that wasn't where I had planned to go today, so back to business. No, today my mind is on surfing Al Gore's internet and seeing where it can take me.

I've spent the morning surfing around, getting to know blogs by friends of friends, and their friends ... and their friends. Anything to avoid the fact that it's Saturday & I should be doing something about the clutter problem around ye olde homestead. I won't apologize for slacking, not even to myself. It's been fun & I've found some interesting people. People like:

meander, who has been sick, but is feeling better now & thinks we care that she's having a birthday. (Shhhh! we do!)

whimsicalbrainpan who has been through trial by fire. No, really. Read the posts listed on the sidebar under "The Fire." Then wander around & get to know a gal who is so much more than that terrible experience. I salute you, my witty and wonderful new friend.

Craig D. who pissed off Frank Zappa but got backstage passes anyway. Lucky stiff!

City mouse sharing her dreams and making us believe.

Crunchy Carpets, doing without a few things, but still has time to remind us that we can all give a little anyway.

Cinderella, itching to tell her stories.

Imran MD who is passionate about life & makes the wheels go round.

DNR, passionately patriotic, and providing great links to remind us to remember.

All of these great folks have at least one thing in common. They're all pals of Dirk_Star, who throws a party every day & has been kind enough to add me to the guest list. Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) my friend. I like your friends ... and their friends ... and their friends! I've taken a tip from you, and am ringing their bells today.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:
Blogger DirkStar said...
Well, it wouldn't be a party without you now would it!

One of my favorite friends, you are.

Have a lovely evening!


I just got back from the Outback Steak House and have the full belly.

Their new apple cobbler dessert is wonderful, and it automatically comes with the vanilla ice-cream!

Great post.

Don't forget Meanders birthday tomorrow...

And give me a ring any time.

Blogger skeet said...
LOL! There's no way any of us will forget meander's birthday! Can't be done!

I've never had room for dessert when I've gone to Outback. As slim as you are, you must be looking preggers if you squeezed in a full meal plus apple cobbler with ice cream! Are you fattening up for the winter?

Blogger DNR said...
Skeet, thanks for the link and for stopping by. I will stop by later this weekend and read your blog.

Blogger Craig D said...
Hey, thanks for the shout-out and for dropping by my blog! I'll try to check back here as any friend of Dirk's is, well...

I'll check back any way!

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
Sorry I'm late! Saturday is one of the few days that I don't spend a lot of time on the net.

Thank you for your kind words Skeet and welcome to the family (I'm pretty new to it myself)! And that Dirk Star really is something else isn't he.

Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...
Thanks for visiting and thanks for the mention......

Been christmasizing the house this weekend!

That cheers a body up!

Blogger Muhd Imran said...
Hello Skeet,
Thanks for the mention. I have linked you to my site if you don't mind.

Any chance I can get to see Hawaii scenery in your posts. I wish to go there one day. Love the beaches and ocean, but I'll just watch the surfers from land, though.

Have a great week ahead.

Blogger skeet said...
Ask and it shall be given!