Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Why didn't somebody warn me?
I started this blog as therapy against clutter. I thought that exposing my slovenly ways would humiliate me into attacking the situation and making substantial progress, hopefully before I'm entombed by stuff. It actually worked for a while as I created and worked a plan of attack. But I've gotten derailed and it's at least in part because of blowback from my "solution."

Why did no one warn me how addictive blogging can be? Not just spilling my guts here. That only consumes a small part of my time. It's the links that have developed in these few short months that have led me astray. I have to read some of you everyday. You always have something witty or amusing or interesting to share. Many of you link other interesting blogs that I have to wander over to so I can check them out. Which leads to more wandering ... you all know how it goes, right? My plan for progress has come to a screeching halt and I'd like to divest myself of the blame by parceling it out to all of you. Alas, I know where the the responsibility lies and recognize you as blameless.

I don't have a new solution yet. It's not that I don't know what I need to do, but that I'm not terribly committed to it. The only way to get anything done is to get off of ones backside and do it, but, wow, that's seeming awfully difficult these days. If you'd all write dull stuff for a while perhaps that would lessen my newfound addiction, but I'm not liking that idea at all. Aside from all of the good stuff I'd miss, it would be just wrong to deprive so many others. Maybe I should just keep searching blogs in the hope that I'll eventually find one that serves me up a workable plan on a silver platter. Actually, that sounds like it might work. Keep the good stuff coming! I'll get busy right now making it happen.

Progress since last update: none.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...
You need dogs cats and kids to demand that you feed them.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It is a vicious and wonderful cycle isn't it?

Blogger DirkStar said...
Sigh...

Are we all having fun yet or what?

Skeets, how can I go a day without you?

Blogger allysther said...
If we told you it would have given you time to run away!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey if a blog ends up working to declutter you let me know - maybe it will work for me too!