Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Avoiding bookkeeping nightmares
I love my job. I really do. I’ve been doing the same thing for almost twenty-seven years now and I’m very good at it. For the last seven-plus years I’ve owned my own business. I’m not very good at that. I’m fine with providing my clients with the high-quality service they expect and deserve. What I’m lousy at is the mechanics of running my business. I’m in a tight spot now with Uncle Sam because I got behind on my taxes. I never intended to do that, I’m just so sloppy with my office chores that I got frustrated and allowed myself to procrastinate. This occurred during the time that I was doing some home improvement. Since I hadn’t balanced my checkbook in years, I wasn’t keeping track of the expenses for building materials, carpenters, plumbers and electricians. About the time taxes came due last year I realized I didn’t have enough money to pay them. Uncle Sam is a really nice guy. He’s let me have a payment plan. I’ll get caught up some day. I’ve accepted the fact that my talents lie elsewhere and I'll let a professional handle my books in the future.

AccountingParadise.com offers quickbooks bookkeeping services for people just like me. They have a number of attractive packages to choose from. For a very small business like mine, the bookkeeping fees are quite reasonable. There’s no charge for initial setup of my account, and basic services start at ten dollars a month. If you carry a payroll, full service for up to ten employees starts as low as $30.00 a month.

While you’re on their site, make sure you check out their Accounting and Payroll Blog for news and tips to help you keep your business running smoothly.

AccountingPardise.com sponsored this post.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Muhd Imran said...
Just dropping by to say Hi.

Sorry about your camera though. Maybe it is time to pamper yourself with a new one.

Have a good week ahead.