Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Friday, January 19, 2007
I'm shopping for a new cell phone



I still haven’t replaced my cell phone. I’ve been shopping around, but there are so many options it makes my head spin. I still have a few months on my contract, so at least I have the luxury of finding the right phone before my deadline.

The first thing I noticed about the Motorola Z3 is that it’s pretty. I didn’t realize phones could be fashion items when I was buying my current cell phone, but I see now that they can. That being said, I need more than good looks, so I’ve checked out some of the features of the MtorolaZ3. It comes with all of the usual functions, of course. I really like the slide open feature, allowing for more compactness than my old flip style. The Z3 is Bluetooth compatible, and an optional memory card allows you to carry music, photos and videos wherever you go. There’s a side camera key, too, of course. Looks like this one definitely belongs on my short list of phones to consider.

Another "pretty" phone is the MOTOKRZR1. It has a 2 mega-pixel camera and is also Bluetooth combatible, but mostley, well ... take a look for yourself. Did you ever think you'd see a sexy cell pnone? Sure it's a flip-phone, but so much more slender than my current old clunker that I know it won't bulge and be uncomfortable in my pocket while I'm working.

I've bookmarked the site so I can I look at both of these again. Thanks to http://www.motorola-mobiles.co.uk/ for sponsoring this post so I could go phone-shopping!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter luddite, it is my goal in life never to own a cell phone. I understand why poeple have them but they annoy me.

Blogger C-dell said...
I really like that Z3 especially in black.

Blogger skeet said...
Whim, I resisted until about three years ago. I finally either had to have one or hire someone to answer the phones while I'm in the field. Now I forward office calls to the cell when I'm out. Keeps me from missing last minute work requests. If I don't get the call, they'll keep calling others until they find someone who can take care of them right now today. It became a necessity. Truth, thoug: no bells & whistles, no camera, no games & I don't know how to text. It's a work tool, not a toy.

It is a sexy phone, isn't it, c-dell! :0)

Blogger Kat said...
I totally want a new phone too after looking at all the new, pretty and highly functional ones they have. *sigh* It'll have to wait.

Kat