Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Thursday, January 25, 2007
A little nostalgia
A while back I posted an old Cosby Show episode, the one where the family performs the Ray Charles classic, Night and Day. I'm not one of those folks who moans about TV programming these days. There's some mighty good stuff out there, regardless of what genre tickles your fancy. I'm not ready to retire all the oldies, though, because that was pretty fine, too, and now comes with a bucket-load of nostalgia when watched. The Cosby Show aired from September of 1984 through April of 1992. There was never a bad episode, and with 201 of them, that's saying a lot. I was going to school at night for much of that time, and holding down one, two or three jobs at any given time. Still, I managed to watch most of the episodes that aired, and my son watched a lot of them with me. We didn't have to worry quite as much back then about what our kids were exposed to on television, but The Cosby Show was the best of the bunch where family programming was concerned.

I dip into YouTube every now and then looking for various things, and almost always look for Cosby clips while I'm there. This one was posted in August of last year and is still being viewed regulary, based on the comments that continue to flow in. If you need reminding that Bill Cosby is one of the funniest men alive, and that Raven started off cute and just kept getting better, here it is. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,