Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Playing catch-up
I haven't blogged about the clutter problems in a while because it would be too embarrassing to say how little I had been doing. I've been working on it the last few days. I won't claim to have made up for lost time. Years upon years of slothful behavior can not be wiped away in mere days. However:

The guest room is clean. That nice queen-sized bed is such a convenient place to pile stuff that I've bought "for later." Also a wonderful place to spread things out when wrapping gifts. We're not talking Christmas here, folks. There was gift wrap I used last summer on that bed. The gift wrap and clutter have been put in their proper places. BONUS: I have scissors! I have tape!

Need to strip the bed & launder the linens in the next few days so it will be fresh and ready in case I ever get guests.

My office is not clean, but:
All reports are in properly labeled folders.
The reports were properly date-ordered and entered into the books.
The reports then properly alpha-ordered for filing.
Filing is still months behind.
All invoices and check receipts for the last month or so were then put into the books and filed away.
New checks opened, entered into accounts and collections.
New checks stamped, added up on deposit slip and ready to deposit.
Supplies for accomplishig all of the above are properly in their place so I don't have to search under and around months of back-filing to find the stapler & the check-endorsement stamp next time.

Okay, even listed item by item it doesn't sound like much, but you should have seen how disorganized my office was. Actually, I'm glad you didn't! I'll try to finish up in here tomorrow, then will have two rooms (guest & office) completely clutter-free. That would be a good thing!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:
I have major decluttering to do as well!!! I'd show you pictures, but it's too frightening!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
When you are done, can you come to my house? I promise I'll help and not stand around and watch!

Blogger Em said...
I always think we have the most cluttered house in the world. But it turns out lots of folks struggle with eliminating it, keeping it out, managing it, etc. Best of luck to you in your efforts. I'm just trying to get my kitchen clean...I'll worry about the office later!

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
Hey at least you got started!