Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Belisi Radio
I grew up listening to an eclectic mixture of contemporary, top forties, country and jazz. What else would you expect from a child of the fifties and sixties, born in small-town Texas and raised on the outskirts of New Orleans. Local Hawaiian music has been added to the mix in recent years. I guess you could say my tastes are all over the chart. I still love the nostalgic oldies that I fell in love with as a teen, and I think Billy Joel is one of the best songwriters of the last century. Nora Jones is, to me, a magnet drawing me back to jazz. The nice thing about music is that you don't have to agree with me. It's deeply personal and helps us define who we are. Our tastes may converge on the raucous renderings of Phil Harris, but we'll be miles apart if you're into heavy metal.

Peter Belisi, whose name is synonymous with beauty, also seems ot have ecletic tastes. He's launched Belisi Radio, showcasing top contemporary artists, legendary stars of the past, smooth jazz and hot new artists. “Belisi Music is my attempt to take the same qualities I look for in fashion – sophisticated, classic, beautiful – and take it to music,” says Peter Belisi, founder and creative director of Belisi.

Anyone who will put Billy Joel, Dido and Coldplay into the same playlist is at the very least adventurous. I'm looking forward to Belisi's foray into broadcast music. I know he'll be presenting artists that I already love, and I look forward to perhaps discovering some new favorites. Belisi's luxurious and sophisticated scarves, ties and handbags first drew me towards him, and his company mission of giving back to the community has earned him my respect. I'm looking forward to seeing where his music takes me. He sponsored this post so I could invite you to give a listen, too.



Labels: , , ,