Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Icky sick
I thought I was just having allergy problems because of my ti plants blooming. Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, puffy face & all that stuff. Got up this morning with all of that still going on plus & my chest is croupy & my head is aching & I think it will explode any minute now. Guess I'll have to abandon the benedryl & go get some real cold meds after I wake up a bit more.

I think I might make a big pot of chicken soup later today too. I've been making it for years, of course, but if you have a recipe you want to share I'd love to see it. Other home remedies for a cold? I usually try other stuff first & then end up resorting to Nyquil. It works but it's just so nasty & knocks me out. If you have a secret cure, now is the time to share.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
DD#2 says Black Elder Berry, Zicam,and Echinacea 400 work wonders.
I always take Vit.C, sometimes it helps, sometimes not. Sure hope you are feeling better.

Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
I have two things:

Spicy food is always good if you can take it. Order some chicken in coconut soup from a good Thai restaurant.

Squeeze one fresh grapefruit, add one tablespoon of baking soda and drink. Doesn't taste bad, just salty.