Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Quick chocolate fudge



That last post has me thinking about chocolate and candymaking. I don't do as much now as I did when my son was little and we lived near plenty of family to share with. Every now and then, though, I want homemade candy, and I always turn to my old reliable Karo Cook Book on those occasions. Here's one I've made many times.

Quick Chocolate Fudge

1/4 cup margarine
3 squares (1 oz each) un-sweetened chocolate
1/2 cup Karo light corn syrup
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (16 oz) confectioners sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup miniature marshmallows

Grease 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan. In 2-quart saucepan melt margarine and chocolate over low heat. Stir in corn syrup, water and vanilla. Remove from heat. Add confectioners sugar and nuts. Stir until mixture is smooth. Turn into prepared pan. Cool. Cut into squares. Makes 1 3/4 pounds.

Quick Brown Sugar Fudge: Follow recipe for Quick Chocolate Fudge. Omit chocolate and water. Melt 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar with margarine. Use dark corn syrup.

It's quick, easy and tasty, and the kids can help! Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
Oh that sounds so good! Now I must go get some chocolate.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wait a minute! Now you're stepping into Retro-Food territory! Are you prepated to battle it out with the queen of retro cookbooks? Heh.

;-)

Blogger Marcus said...
I'm gonna have to give this a shot and try baking it. Thanks for sharing the recipe