Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Send skeet some lovin'


I don't have a sweetheart this year. Actually, I haven't had one for many years. I'm grateful that my son sends me greetings for every occasion, but it's not quite the same thing, is it? Kinda pathetic, I know, but it's true that choices I've made in the past mean that I will likely grow old alone. Am I tugging on your heartstrings yet? Poor old skeet, destined to a life of solitude. Are you weeping for me? Well, weep no more. The fact is that a solitary lifestyle suits me and I don't mourn what might have been. I have lots of friends and know that I am loved, so the alone part really is not something I think about much.

I'd still like to get greeting cards this Valentines Day, though, and there no reason that I shouldn't, is there? I know there are plenty of folks out there who are fond of me, and I'm pretty sure they all know that they could send me free, funny Valentine's Day eCards, right? Everyone qualifies for a free 30-day trial membership at E greetings.com, and it's quick and easy to order the oh-so-perfect card to keep an old maid from feeling lonely. You don't have to go to the store & paw through finger-smudged paper cards, you don't have to remember to buy stamps and you don't even have to do it on some particular schedule. You can order a whole slew of ecards right now and have then sent on any date you want. So, say you want to send me a birthday card. While you're over there deciding how to ask me to be your Valentine, you can also select a birthday greeting and schedule it to be delivered on July 21st. Pretty cool, huh? You'll probably like the site so much that you'll want to send unlimited cards throughout the year, and full membership is only $13.99, so why not?

So skip the hot, sexy cards ...



... and go the the funny greetings ...



... cause your friend skeet could use some positive affirmation.

Even though she doesn't mind being alone.

Much.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
*puts hand on hips*

Now how am I supposed to send you an e-card when you won't post your e-mail address!

Blogger skeet said...
Sorry! I thought I had it enabled in my profile. I fixed it now. Mahalo for letting me know.

Blogger Unknown said...
You are a darlin! Thanks for the comment.