Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Friday, May 11, 2007
Dinner on the hoof
Dinner on the hoof

My neighbors frequently go pig hunting and most often they manage to get at least one. Fishing and hunting provide an important part of the local diet. There's sport involved too, of course, but he food is never wasted. This fellow is in freezers all over the neighborhood by now.

May '07 036

Dogs are used in the hunt, but not this one. I was afraid to approach him because I though the carcass might have gotten him overly excited, but his mistress assured me that this was not the case. Since he's not a hunting dog he had no "sport" context for the pig, so he was merely curious about the goings-on. He and I have now become pals.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:
Blogger Chris the Geek said...
Bacon rocks! Anyways, I think your blog is pretty awesome. I'd be glad to offer you one of my awesome, super soft Geekfitters.com shirts in exchange for a link. Go here for details or email me.

Best,

Chris Geek

Blogger DirkStar said...
We named the boy Micah. It means "who is like God". He is so sweet tempered and is filling our hours with great joy.

I am so glad not to have missed this aspect of the human experience...

I love the little man so very much.

Nice to see you still have a home in the blogosphere.

Mahalo...

Blogger C-dell said...
cool new layout. I thought that the pig was a bigfoot like beast as I scrolled down.

Long time no see.

Blogger skeet said...
I haven't been checking in here too often and just found your comments. I'm still trying to decide where to take this blog, since my daily life is now at the other place.

I sent you a card right after Micah was born, Dirk. Since I didn't hear back I figured you'd probably deleted it from your email. Congrats on your fine son! Wishing you & and yours the best!

Blogger skeet said...
Aloha c-dell! Good to see you! I should check in here for messages more often. I do my daily blogging over at skeet's stuff now. Hope you'll come on over for a visit!