Skeet Shares
stuff I find interesting
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Whale watching!
Winter is whale-watching time in Hawaii. I access my home via a coastal highway and it's not unusual for me to see whales spouting and cavorting off the coast as I come and go. I keep a pair of binoculars in my car so I can pull over and watch the show anytime. Most folks who live here do, I think. The minute someone with binoculars is spotted looking out to sea, other cars start pulling over and the original whale-spotter is soon joined by others who share their fascination for the behemoths. Ah, so lucky we live Hawaii.

If you've been reading my blog, you know that my camera recently died. There should be a law against living in Hawaii and not having a camera. Sure, I still need to replace my digital camera for some of the photos I want to take, but for whale watching and other situations where I can't get close to my subject, I really want Digital Binoculars to plan and shoot my pictures.




Eagle Optics carries a wide array of binocular products and accessories that will allow me to share my whale-watching adventures with you, and that's what it's all about! They also carry a full range of other optical equipment and accessories. If you're shopping for spotting scopes, digital cameras, telescopes or rangefinders, check out their inventory. Financing is free for ninety days and shipping is free on orders over $200.00. They sponsored this post and hope that you'll visit their site soon! Make sure you check out their hot deals while you're there!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:
Blogger whimsical brainpan said...
*mourns the loss of Skeet's camera*

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm sorry about your camera. I once saw some Orcas while sailing. Not close and we aren't allowed to go any closer once we spot them, but if I had digital binoculars at the time I could have gotten some fabulous pictures.

QC

Blogger Judy said...
I would love to see a whale, but unfortunately the wild things around here are a bit smaller...

Let me know what you learn about binoculars. We have two very old pairs, and they don't compare to the view I recently got through a birder's modern-looking binoculars.

Blogger SwampHag said...
I've seen grey and killer whales in the wild, often VERY close, but the first time I saw any whale was from a boat off the coast in Waikiki, a mother humpback and her baby. Oh my, what a magical moment, one I'll never forget.

I live in a beautiful part of the world (British Columbia) but today I am soooooo envious of you there in Hawaii! :-)

Blogger SwampHag said...
I've seen grey and killer whales in the wild, often VERY close, but the first time I saw any whale was from a boat off the coast in Waikiki, a mother humpback and her baby. Oh my, what a magical moment, one I'll never forget.

I live in a beautiful part of the world (British Columbia) but today I am soooooo envious of you there in Hawaii! :-)

Blogger Allan said...
Wish you had some pics- sounds like an awesome drive. Nice neighborhood!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
i miss seeing whales. so jealous! D's kids digital camera looks like binoculars, it's easier for toddlers to look with both eyes when they take their pictures.